LocoBiz is provided to you by LocoBiz Technologies Limited. By accessing our Services you are agreeing to the following terms, which are designed to make sure that LocoBiz works for everyone. This policy is effective February 1, 2016.
Your Account. In order to access and use some or a portion of the Services, you may be required to register with us and set up an account with your email address and a password (your “Account”). The email address you provide will be your email address, and you are solely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password. You are solely responsible for all activities that occur under your Account. Therefore, you should protect your password and make your password difficult for others to guess.
If you believe your Account may have been compromised or misused, contact us immediately at LocoBiz Customer Support.
Using LocoBiz Services. You will post in the appropriate category or area and will not do any of the following bad things:
violate any laws or our Prohibited Content Policy;
- be false or misleading;
- infringe any third-party right;
- distribute or contain spam, chain letters, or pyramid schemes;
- distribute viruses or any other technologies that may harm LocoBiz or the interests or property of LocoBiz users;
- impose an unreasonable load on our infrastructure or interfere with the - proper working of the LocoBiz;
- copy, modify, or distribute any other person’s content;
- use any robot, spider, scraper or other automated means to access LocoBiz and collect content for any purpose without our express written permission;
- harvest or otherwise collect information about others, including email addresses, without their consent;
- bypass measures used to prevent or restrict access to LocoBiz.
Abusing LocoBiz Services. Please use the flagging system to tell us about any problems or offensive content so that together we can keep the Services site working properly. We may limit or terminate our Services, remove hosted content and take technical and legal steps to keep users off LocoBiz if we think that they are creating problems or acting inconsistently with the letter or spirit of our policies. However, whether we decide to take any of these steps, remove hosted content or keep a user off LocoBiz or not, we do not accept any liability for monitoring LocoBiz or for unauthorized or unlawful content on LocoBiz or use or misuse of LocoBiz by users.
Global Marketplace. Some of LocoBiz’s features may display your ad on other countries. By using LocoBiz Services, you agree that your ads can be displayed on these other sites and locations in the world. The terms for our other sites are similar to these terms, but you may be subject to additional laws or other restrictions in the countries where your ad is posted. When you choose to post your ad to another site, you may be responsible for ensuring that it does not violate our other site policies. We may remove your ad if it is flagged on any of our sites, or if we believe it causes problems or violates any law or policy.
Fees and Services. Using LocoBiz Services is generally free. We may charge fees for certain Services. If the service you use charges a fee, you will be able to review and accept that charge. Our fees are quoted in US Dollars, and we may change them from time to time. We will notify you of changes to our fee policy by posting such changes on the site. We may choose to temporarily change our fees for promotional events or new services; these changes are effective when we announce the promotional event or new service. Our fees are non-refundable, and you are responsible for paying them when they’re due. If you don’t, we may limit your ability to use the Services. If your payment method fails or your account is past due, we may collect fees owed using other collection mechanisms (for accounts over 180 days past due, we may deduct the amount owed from your PayPal account balance).
Content. LocoBiz Services contains content from us, you, and other users. You agree not to copy, modify, or distribute LocoBiz Services, our copyrights or trademarks. When you give us content, you are granting us a non-exclusive, worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, sub-licensable right to exercise the copyright, publicity, and database rights to that content. If you believe that your rights have been violated, please notify our designated copyright agent at LocoBiz Customer Support and we will investigate the matter. We reserve the right to remove content where we have grounds for suspecting the violation of these terms or the rights of any other party.
Reporting Intellectual Property Infringements (Verified Rights Owners – VeRO). Do not post content that infringes the rights of third parties. This includes, but is not limited to: content that infringes on intellectual property rights such as copyright and trademark (e.g. offering counterfeit items for sale). We reserve the right to remove content where we have grounds for suspecting the violation of these terms, our policies or of any party’s rights. The following steps are for reporting a listing to LocoBiz that you believe to be infringing on your intellectual property rights. Only the intellectual property rights owner can report of potentially infringing items or listings through LocoBiz’s VeRO Program. If you have a good faith belief that a listing on any of the LocoBiz Services infringes your copyright, trademark, or other intellectual property rights, all you need to do is download our Notice of Claimed Infringement (NOCI) form, fill it out, and fax it to LocoBiz. After we receive your first NOCI, LocoBiz will confirm your enrollment in our program and send you the instructions on how to submit future reports electronically. We reserve the right to share, in accordance with applicable law, the completed NOCI form with the third party that originally posted the potentially infringing listing.
Disclaimers and Limitations of Liability. The LocoBiz Services are provided “as is” and “as available”. You agree not to hold us responsible for things other users post or do. As most of the stuff on the LocoBiz Services comes from other users, we do not guarantee the accuracy of postings or user communications or the quality, safety, or legality of what is offered. We also cannot guarantee continuous or secure access to our Services. Notification functionality in our Services may not occur in real time. Such functionality is subject to delays beyond our control, including without limitation, delays or latency due to your physical location or your wireless data service provider’s network. Accordingly, to the extent legally permitted we expressly disclaim all warranties, representations and conditions, express or implied, including those of quality, merchant-ability, merchantable quality, durability, fitness for a particular purpose and those arising by statute. We are not liable for any loss, whether of money (including profit), goodwill, or reputation, or any special, indirect, or consequential damages arising out of your use of LocoBiz, even if you advise us or we could reasonably foresee the possibility of any such damage occurring. Some jurisdictions do not allow the disclaimer of warranties or exclusion of damages, so such disclaimers and exclusions may not apply to you.
Despite the previous paragraph, if we are found to be liable, our liability to you or any third party (whether in contract, tort, negligence, strict liability in tort, by statute or otherwise) is limited to the greater of (a) the total fees you pay to us in the 12 months prior to the action giving rise to liability, and (b) 100 US Dollars.
Indemnification. You will indemnify and hold harmless LocoBiz and its affiliates and our and their respective officers, directors, agents and employees (each an “Indemnified Party”), from any claim made by any third party, together with any amounts payable to the third party whether in settlement or as may otherwise be awarded, and reasonable legal costs incurred by any of the Indemnified Parties, arising from or relating to your use of the LocoBiz Services, any alleged violation by you of the applicable terms, and any alleged violation by you of any applicable law or regulation. We reserve the right, at our own expense, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter subject to indemnification by you, but doing so will not excuse your indemnity obligations.
General. These terms and the other policies posted on LocoBiz Services constitute the entire agreement between LocoBiz Technologies Limited and you, superseding any prior agreements. This agreement is governed by the Canadian laws. We both submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Alberta, Canada. This will not affect your statutory rights if you are a consumer and applicable consumer law requires application of another law (such as the law of your country of residence) for certain topics. If we don’t enforce any particular provision, we are not waiving our right to do so later. If a court strikes down any of these terms, the remaining terms will survive. We may automatically assign this agreement in our sole discretion in accordance with the notice provision below. Except for notices relating to illegal or infringing content, your notices to us must be sent by registered mail to:
T3H 3B6, Calgary AB
Re: LocoBiz, User Inquiries
We will send notices to you via the email address you provide, or by registered mail. Notices sent by registered mail will be deemed received five days following the date of mailing. We may update this agreement at any time, with updates taking effect when you next use the site or after 30 days, whichever is sooner. No other amendment to this agreement will be effective unless made in writing, signed by users and by us. Send questions, comments or complaints to LocoBiz Customer Support.
Mobile Devices Terms
Application Use. LocoBiz grants you the right to use the Application only for your personal use. You must comply with all applicable laws and third party terms of agreement when using the Application (e.g. your wireless data service agreement). Your download and use of the Application is at your own discretion and risk, and you are solely responsible for any damages to your hardware device(s) or loss of data that results from the download or use of the Application.
Intellectual Property – Applications. LocoBiz owns, or is the licensee to, all right, title, and interest in and to its Applications, including all rights under patent, copyright, trade secret, trademark, and any and all other proprietary rights, including all applications, renewals, extensions, and restorations thereof. You will not modify, adapt, translate, prepare derivative works from, de-compile, reverse-engineer, disassemble, or otherwise attempt to derive source code from any Application and you will not remove, obscure, or alter LocoBiz’s copyright notice, trademarks or other proprietary rights notices affixed to, contained within, or accessed in conjunction with or by any LocoBiz Application.
Prohibited Countries Policy and Foreign Trade Regulation – Applications. LocoBiz Applications or their underlying technology may not be downloaded to or exported or re-exported: (a) into (or to a resident or national of) Burma (Myanmar), Cuba, Iraq, Iran, Libya, North Korea, Sudan, Syria, or any other country subject to United States embargo; (b) to anyone on the US Treasury Department’s list of Specially Designated Nationals or on the US Commerce Department’s Denied Party or Entity List; and (c) to any prohibited country, person, end-user, or entity specified by US Export Laws. When using an LocoBiz Application, you are responsible for complying with trade regulations and both foreign and domestic laws (e.g., you are not located in a country that is subject to a US Government embargo, or that has been designated by the US Government as a “terrorist supporting” country, and you are not listed on any US Government list of prohibited or restricted parties).
Additional Terms. Additional terms and conditions that apply to you based on the mobile device the Application is installed on:
iOS – Apple
2. LocoBiz Technologies Limited grants you the right to use the Application only on an iOS product that you own or control and as permitted by the Usage Rules set forth in the App Store Terms of Service.
3. Apple has no obligation whatsoever to furnish any maintenance and support services with respect to the Application.
4. Apple is not responsible for the investigation, defense, settlement, and discharge of any third party intellectual property infringement claim.
5. Apple is not responsible for addressing any claims by you or any third party relating to the Application or your possession and/or use of the Application, including but not limited to: (a) product liability claims; (b) any claim that the Application fails to conform to any applicable legal or regulatory requirement; and (c) claims arising under consumer protection or similar legislation.
6. In the event of any failure of the Application to conform to any applicable warranty, you may notify Apple, and Apple will refund the purchase price, if applicable, for the Application to you; and to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, Apple will have no other warranty obligation whatsoever with respect to the Application.
Windows – Microsoft
2. You may install and use one (1) copy of the Application on up to five (5) devices you personally own or control and which are affiliated with the Windows Live ID associated with your Windows Marketplace account. You may not install or use a copy of the Application on a device you do not own or control.
3. Microsoft, your device manufacturer, and (if applicable) your wireless carrier are not responsible for providing support services for the Application.
4. Microsoft, the wireless carriers over whose network the Application is distributed (if applicable), and each of their respective affiliates and suppliers (collectively, “Disclaiming Distributors”) give no express warranty, guarantee, or conditions under or in relation to the Application. To the extent permitted under your local laws, the Disclaiming Distributors exclude any implied warranties or conditions, including those of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement.
6. To the extent not prohibited by law, you will not seek to recover any consequential, lost profit, special, indirect, or incidental damages from any Disclaiming Distributor.
Last Modified: February 2, 2016
© 2016 LocoBiz
Updated: January 25, 2016
Table of contents
2. What personal information do we collect
3. How we use your personal information
4. Marketing Purposes
6. Access to, review and rectification of your personal information
7. Protection and retention of your personal information
8. Other Information
2. What personal information do we collect
You can download and use App without registering for an account. When you decide to provide us with your personal information, you agree that such information is sent to and stored on our servers. We collect the following types of personal information:
- Information we collect automatically: When you use our App, visit our Website, use our Services and or reply to ads or other content, we automatically collect the information sent to us by your computer, mobile device or other equipment that provides access. This information includes, but is not limited to:
- information from your interaction with our App, Website and Services, including, but not limited to, device ID, device type, geo-location information, computer and connection information, statistics on page views, traffic to and from www.LocoBusiness.com, referring URL, ad data, IP address and standard web log information; and
information we collect through cookies, web beacons and similar technologies.
- Information you provide to us: We collect and store any information you enter on our App or Website or that you provide to us when you use our Services. This information includes, but is not limited to:
- information that you provide to us when you register for an account or for the Services that you use;
additional information that you may provide to us through social media sites or third party Services;
- information provided in the context of dispute resolution, correspondence through our Website or correspondence that is sent to us;
- information about your location and the location of your device, including your device’s unique identifier information if you have enabled this service on your mobile device, and
your resume if you choose to submit it to us for consideration through our careers page.
- Information from other sources: We may receive or collect additional information about you from third parties and add this to our account information. This information includes, but is not limited to: demographic data, navigation data, additional contact data and additional data about you from other sources, such as public authorities, to the extent permitted by law.
3. How we use your personal information
You agree that we may use your personal information for the following purposes:
- to provide you access to our Services and Customer Support by means of e-mail or telephone;
- to personalize, measure and improve our Services, content and ads;
- to provide you with other services that you have requested, as described when we collected the information, and
- to consider you as a potential candidate if you choose to upload your resume through our careers page.
Sharing information with and registration on social media sites: We may offer sign-on Services that enable you to access the Website or Apps with your login credentials. We can also offer Services that enable you to share information with third party social media websites, such as Facebook, Google Plus and Twitter.
- service providers with whom we have entered into an agreement to help us provide our Services on the website, such as financial service providers, marketing agencies and technical support. In such cases, the personal information shall remain under the control of LocoBiz Technologies Limited.
– to comply with legal obligations or a court order; or
– if this is necessary for the prevention, detection or prosecution of criminal offenses, such as fraud, deceit or prosecution, or
– if it is necessary to maintain our policies or to protect the rights and freedoms of others.
- other third parties to whom you have given consent to share your information via LocoBiz, e.g. in the framework of a cooperation;
- companies that we intend to merge with in the context of a re-organisation or that acquire us;
- an intellectual property owner if the owner of an intellectual property right or an intermediary in good faith believes that an advertisement violates the rights of the owner. Before personal information is provided, the IP owner will enter into an agreement that, inter alia, stipulates that information is only provided on the strict condition that it may only be used in the context of legal proceedings and/or obtaining legal advice and/or to answer questions from the relevant advertiser without limitation to the foregoing, we shall moreover – in our efforts to respect your privacy and to keep the website free of malicious persons or parties – not disclose your personal information to third parties without a court order or formal request from the government in accordance with applicable law, unless we believe in good faith that such disclosure is necessary to prevent impending injury or financial damages or to report alleged illegal activities.
Information you share on our App: Our App allows users to share advertisements and other information with other users, thereby making this shared information accessible to other users. Since our App also enables you to directly contact a service provider, we recommend that you consider how you share your personal information with others. You are solely responsible for the personal information you share through our App and therefore we cannot guarantee the privacy or security of the information shared by you with other users.
In case you visit our App from a shared smart phone or a computer in an internet café, we strongly recommend that you log off after each session. If you do not want the shared smart phone or shared computer to remember you and/or your credentials, you will need to remove cookies and/or the history of your visits.
4. Marketing Purposes
You agree that we may use the information collected by us to send you offers, whether personalized or not, or to contact you by telephone regarding products or Services offered by LocoBiz or companies of the LocoBiz Group.
We will not sell or rent your personal information to third parties for their marketing purposes without your explicit consent. We may combine your information with information we collect from other companies and use it to improve and personalize our Services and functionalities.
When you no longer wish to receive marketing communications from us, you can, where applicable, change your preferences in your My LocoBiz account, or follow the unsubscribe link in the marketing communication you received.
6. Accessing, Reviewing and Changing Your Personal Information
We cannot modify your personal information or account information. You can modify your own information by logging into your LocoBiz account. When you place a classified ad, you may not be able to change your post or delete your message. If you want to close your account (where applicable) with us, please send us a request to us here. We will process your request within a reasonable period of time and process your personal information in accordance with applicable law. Alternatively, you can also contact Customer Support to access your personal information.
7. Protection and retention of your personal information
We protect your information by using technical and administrative security measures (such as firewalls, data encryption, and physical and administrative access controls to the data and servers) that limit the risk of loss, abuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, and alteration. Nevertheless, if you believe your account has been abused, please contact us through the Contact Form.
We retain personal information no longer than is legally permissible and delete personal information when it is no longer necessary for the purposes as described above.
8. Other information
Abuse and unsolicited commercial communications (“spam”): We do not tolerate abuse of our App and Website. You do not have permission to add other LocoBiz users to your mailing list (e-mail or postal) for commercial purposes, even if a user has purchased a service from you, unless the user has given his explicit consent. If you notice that someone is abusing our App or Website (spam or spoof emails), please notify us here.
Contact: If you have any questions about LocoBiz and our App please contact us by clicking here
While LocoBiz does not constantly monitor replies, comments and reviews sent within our system, we reserve the right to delete or ban those who we deem to be using the system inappropriately.
When commenting, replying or reviewing other users:
- Please treat them with courtesy and respect.
- Please do not reply to ads with unsolicited opinions, comments, or judgement on the content of the ads or about the poster.
- All replies to ads must be in connection to what the ad is offering. Replies regarding other commercial offers are not permitted.
- Abusive ad replies are not permitted. Any replies containing hate speech or defamation are strictly prohibited.
- Impersonating other users, including supplying fake phone numbers is not permitted, and those who are found to be doing so may lose the ability to use LocoBiz.
LocoBiz reserves the right to revoke the ability of any users to reply to ads without notice.
If you receive a reply that you feel is inappropriate, please click here to report it to our support team.
LocoBiz cares about the safety of your entire family. We understand that in the age of technology, kids are on the internet more than ever and free online classifieds can be a fun way for them to find toys, video games, clothes, and other cool items.
While we pride ourselves on being a site that the whole family can use, we also know the concerns and risks involved with transacting online. We want to minimize these risks. Therefore, only users at age 16 and higher are allowed to open an account and offer services through our Application.
LocoBiz reserves the right to remove any ad if we feel it is in the best interest and for the safety of our users.
The list below details make, offering, delivery, and promotion of goods, products and services that cannot be posted on LocoBiz:
1. Sexual toys, material and services – Including pornography, nude photography, videos, articles or erotic products/services. Also prostitution, escort or accompanying services.
2. Alcohol & drugs – Including making, serving or delivery of alcohol and related beverages, drugs and other addictive and forbidden material/substances.
3. Blood, Bodily Fluids and Body Parts – Any services or products related to body organs including surrogacy, fertility and donor services (including sperm).
5. Child adoption services(seeking and offering).
6. Electronic surveillance services.
7. Offering embargoed Goods.
8. Making, trading, or offering government issued IDs, Badges, Uniforms and Licenses– Including transit, military, police, postal, etc.
9. Making, trading, or offering hazardous Materials– Including chemicals, pesticides, fireworks, commercial-level fertilizers or pesticides ie. aerial pesticides or fertilizers used for dusting crops.
10. Making, trading, promoting or offering health or weight Loss Products that have not been approved by Health organization of your country.
11. High-Powered Laser Pointers.
12. Illegal Drugs and Drug Paraphernalia(or any mention of related items, services or activities) – Including narcotics, steroids, marijuana, medicinal marijuana, etc.
13. Illegal Items and Services.
14. Identity Documents, Personal Financial Records & Personal Information.
15. Massage Services – Ad images are to be limited to head shots or photographs of the facility (no full body images). Ads posted by a Registered Massage Therapist (RMT) who is able to provide insurance receipts for customers is permitted.
16. Merchandise or services from network marketing companies (MLM), independent franchisees or distributors, or similar representatives.
17. Prescription drugs and medical devices.
18. Recalled items.
19. Satellite products that violate the radio-communication Act of your country.