How to Post a Free Ad for My Skills on LocoBiz?
(Note: Please mind our Terms while using services provided by LocoBiz.com)
Creating local classifieds for your skills, or your business on LocoBiz is a two-step process. First you create a Profile with LocoBiz.com, then you create your classifieds (also called LocoBiz Ads). Following picture illustrates how your profile is connected to the LocoBiz Ads.
You can create several Ads which are completely independent of each other, but all connected to your profile. This model enables you to disable any Ads independently. For example if you have a LocoBiz Ad that advertises your part-time tutoring work, you don’t want to delete the ad when you go to a long vacation; instead you can disable it, and enable it again when you return back in town.
Step 1: Opening a Profile with LocoBiz
Click on the “Login / Register” link on the top-right corner of our website. A small popup window will open and allow you to enter a username and password for your account. You can use social login buttons to create and log into your account too.
You can use the same popup window when you want to sign into your account.
When signed in LocoBiz, the top right link will turn to your username. Hovering over your username would provide a small window and links to your dashboard. Your dashboard is where you manage your profile, your LocoBiz Ads, your favorite Ads and Logout.
Click on Profile Settings and complete following sections:
- Upload a representative picture of yourself.
- About Me: This is the profile that will be visible to public. You can show/hide your profile to public. Enter Your name, a short bio and your tag line.
- Contact Detail: Your email address, website, and phone.
- Social Media: You can provide links to your social media pages. This would promote your brand and will improve your search engine ranking.
- Opening Hours: You can leave this blank. Each LocoBiz Ad will have its own Opening Hours section.
Password update: You can use the dashboard to change and update your password.
Make sure you click on the Submit Changes button at the bottom of the page when done.
Step 2: Creating a LocoBiz Ads
When at your user dashboard click on big blue button POST NEW AD at the left menu. Then, at the top-right corner of the dashboard screen click on Create New Ads.
A new Ads template will open. Enter Ads Title and Description (see below image; an example for an Ads in Handy Men for plumbing services in North Toronto). Pay attention to the title as it will be used to generate the URL link to your Ads. Use search engine friendly keywords such as the city and the name of the neighborhood that you want to provide the service. Choosing right name for your Ads can improve search engine ranking of your Ads, hence more business (more to learn).
Under Select Category Type, click on Handy Men. The rest of the form start population automatically. Select sub-Categories that you wish to post your Ads in (we picked Plumber for this example). You can select multiple categories as you maybe a good plumber and also good at woodwork. Write down any certificate that could help to market your skills to your clients.
Address: Under Address, pick your Country, State/Province and city from the dropdown menus. (note: need to pick Country, then State/Province and then City in order to allow them to populate). Locobiz is free for Canadian non-profit and individual who market their skills in Canada and need free Canadian classifieds.
Complete Location: this is the address that locates your Ads pin on the google map. You don’t have to write down your full address. Copy and paste your address to the Location. Then click on HOW LOCATION. This is the test to make sure that google map can identify your location on map correctly. If not happy with the location that the map shows repeat this section until you are satisfied with the location of the pin on the map.
- Upload Images: upload images that relate to your Ads. The first one will be used for the front page of your Ads. Ideal image would be a JPEG format smaller than 1.5 MB, in landscape (horizontal) 600 by 400 pixels.
- Video Link: Add the link to a video about your Ads.
- Tags: Enter tags related to your Ads. Enter one tag at the time, enter the plus sign and then enter the next one.
- FAQs: Create and add “Frequently Asked Questions” to explain your services. The idea is to provide answers to those questions that a visitor to your Ads page may have. Think of questions/answers around Are you insured? or Do you warranty your work? Do you work weekends? Can you provide references? etc.
- Contacts: Add contact details including telephone, email, website.
Opening a profile and creating LocoBiz Ads are free of charge. Your Ads will be shown on google map as well as posted on the search results in our website. Some users may wish to boost the visibility of their Ads by Featuring them on our site. Featured posts are highlighted and are shown on top of the search results, however all Ads will be treated equally on the geo-location search and how they are shown on google map.
As a welcome bonus your Ads will be Featured for 30-days for free. After that you could purchase different packages to Feature it on LocoBiz (not mandatory).
Almost done… accept our Terms and Conditions by checking the box next to it and click on Create Directory.
Congratulations, you have created your first LocoBiz Ads.
Have questions? Please contact us.